WGRI Education Grant Guidelines and Conditions
- Shall be members in good standing, who have been a member for at least one year.
- Shall submit an application to the Educational Grant Chairperson.
- May apply every other year, amount not to exceed $200 per request with a ten-year maximum of $750.
Awards will be based on available funds and evaluated by the Educational Grant Committee as they are submitted
- The Grant Committee must agree that the program is one that is appropriate for receiving Educational Grant monies.
- If there are not enough funds to award the total requested, the Chairperson will determine whether receiving a lesser amount is satisfactory to the applicant.
Recipients will be asked to share what they have learned with the Guild by choosing one of the following
- Present item and briefly describe their experience at a Guild meeting (show & tell format).
- Write a summary of their experience and how it has furthered their knowledge of the fiber arts, in some cases to include photo of item (to be submitted in newsletter or distributed at a guild meeting).
- Make a presentation to the Guild within one year after the completion of the study. This may be in the form of a lecture and/or workshop with handouts.
If the recipient does not attend the program for which she/he has been awarded the grant, she/he is expected to reimburse the Guild in full.